Autonomous Firebot robot
Our main goal is to develop autonomous robotic fire extinguisher for prevention, early detection and fire extinguishing
What is our goal?
The goal of this project proposal is research and development of a new innovative product in the field of fire protection by conducting research and development activities over numerous IRI themes in the S3 priority region through the collaboration of medium-sized enterprise manufacturing fire extinguishers (Pastor TVA d.d.), small-sized enterprise focusing on research and development (Orqa d.o.o.) and science institution (FERIT). During the project implementation phase, a new complex system will be developed whose main part will be an autonomous robot, with the current working name FireBot, with the goal of fire prevention, early fire detection, and fire extinguishing.
- Development of a new image processing and early fire detection method based on artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Development of a new autonomous navigation method based on deep learning for use in closed spaces with the efficient pathing/patrolling and finding potential fire hazards
- Advanced mechanical fire extinguisher constructed to fit inside the autonomous robot and digital control
- Autonomous navigation in predefined closed space (autonomy)
- Surveillance of potential fire sources or dangerous states which could result in a fire (surveillance)
- Elimination of potential fire hazard with the use of thermal vision (prevention)
- Detection of early fire stages (spark, smoke, flame) (detection)
- The extinguishing of the initial flame (extinguishing)
Title: Research and development of autonomous robotic fire extinguisher for prevention, early detection and fire extinguishing (Project code: KK.01.2.1.02.0014)
Bearer: PASTOR - TVORNICA VATROGASNIH APARATA - d.d.
Project partners: FERIT Osijek and Orqa d.o.o.
Fond: European Regional Development Fund
Operational programme: Competitiveness and Cohesion OP 2014. - 2020.
Call: Strengthening new products and services development stemming through research and development, phase 1, call code: KK.01.2.1.02 – version 3
Tender (gross, grant) value: 2.207.945,98 EUR (1.371.570,61 EUR non-refundable)
Duration: 36 months
Project development period: 2020-08-17 – 2023-08-17
Project team: Project team consists of 15 experienced employees with additional 7 new employees of the project bearer Pastor TVA d.d., 7 experienced researchers and 3 new young researchers of FERIT and 3 existing employees with one (1) new employment of Orqa d.o.o. research partner, which results with the total of 36 project team members.
Project lead: Josip Balen, PhD.